Can jealousy be positive?

Jealousy, kept within the bounds of normal behavior, can be a good thing. Thomas Jefferson, after all, thought that a truly free government must be founded in jealousy.

Normal jealousy can simply be a sign that one partner in a relationship cares about the other one, values the relationship they share and doesn't want to lose it.

But the minute the pet bunny is threatened, see that as a signal that the green-eyed monster of jealousy has gone too far.

Continue Learning about Emotions

Combat Feeling Sad with a Good Memory
Combat Feeling Sad with a Good Memory
Do you ever find yourself feeling sad but don't know exactly why? Tempted to just brush past it? Well, don't. Understanding the source of your sadness...
How can my emotions help me change the way I live?
Kelly TraverKelly Traver
In addition to their role in rational decision making, emotions have a profound impact on how we exp...
How can we overcome jealousy?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
There is a difference between normal romantic jealousy and domestic abuse. It may not be possible to...
3 Ways to Boost Your Mood
3 Ways to Boost Your Mood