When should I tell my partner I have HPV?

Paul  Hokemeyer, PhD
Marriage & Family Therapy

Once you know you are going to have a sexual relationship with someone, but before you actually do. HPV is a sexually transmitted infection that can be prevented and contained. It's important, therefore, for people who know they're infected to help stop it from spreading to others. The best way to do this is to be honest with potential sexual partners so that responsible decisions can be made about a mature, informed, and consensual sexual act.

Continue Learning about HPV

How are human papillomavirus (HPV)-associated cancers treated?
If abnormal cervical cells are suspicious for cancer, a small sample of the tissue is removed during...
Does the human papilloma virus (HPV) always cause cervical cancer?
Lauren Streicher, MDLauren Streicher, MD
Almost all women with cancer have the human papilloma virus (HPV), but most women with HPV never get...
What You Need to Know About HPV and Cancer
Should Males Get the HPV Vaccine?
Should Males Get the HPV Vaccine?