What can I do if my teenager has not yet received the HPV vaccine?

If you haven't already had your daughter or son vaccinated for the human papillomavirus (HPV), it's not too late. Ask your child's doctor about getting the HPV vaccine. Take advantage of any visit to the doctor—such as an annual health checkup or physicals for sports, camp or college—to ask the doctor about what shots your preteens and teens need.

Continue Learning about HPV

How Safe Is the HPV Vaccine?
How Safe Is the HPV Vaccine?
Occasionally, there’s a news story about someone who was harmed by a vaccination -- but without any scientific evidence. It always makes us think of t...
How many people have human papillomavirus (HPV)?
Sunrise Hospital & Medical CenterSunrise Hospital & Medical Center
In the United States, 79 million Americans have been infected with human papillomavirus (HPV) and it...
How can I protect my partner from human papillomavirus (HPV)?
Kristine A. Borrison, MDKristine A. Borrison, MD
Safe sex practices such as using condoms and avoiding multiple partners are the best ways to keep fr...
How to Protect Yourself from HPV
How to Protect Yourself from HPV