How often should I get a human papillomavirus (HPV) test?

The human papillomavirus (HPV) test in combination with the Pap test is better at identifying women at risk for developing cervical cancer than the Pap test alone. The HPV test should be done every five years along with Pap test in women ages 30-65. It should also be done every five years in younger women with inconclusive Pap tests. 

Continue Learning about HPV

how does human papillomavirus ( hpv ) affect men ?
Riverside Health SystemRiverside Health System
HPV is as common in men as in women. HPV rarely causes severe health problems in men. But it can lea...
what are the different types of human papillomaviruses ( hpv) ?
Riverside Women's HealthRiverside Women's Health
Of the types of HPV that increase risk for certain types of cancer, HPV16 is the most common among w...
how are precancerous cervical conditions diagnosed ?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
A Pap test is the standard way to check for any cervical cell changes. A Pap test is usually done as...
how do i protect myself from human papillomavirus ( hpv) ?
Using condoms may reduce the risk of getting genital warts and cervical cancer. But condoms don't al...