<p>Human papillomavirus (HPV) is the most common of all sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). HPV has many different strains that can infect both males and females. The virus is spread through <a href="/health/hpv/how-human-papillomavirus-hpv-spread">skin-to-skin</a> contact, often by oral, vaginal or anal sex. HPV is now known to increase the risk of <a href="/health/cervical-cancer/what-is-cervical-cancer">cervical cancer</a> in women and <a href="/health/hpv/what-health-risks-hpv-men">other kinds of cancers</a> in men. <a href="/health/hpv/can-human-papillomavirus-infection-prevented">Learn how to prevent HPV infection</a> to reduce your risk of cervical cancer.</p>
HPV VaccineWhat You Need to Know
What's your RealAge?Take the RealAge Test to find out your body's true age.
Number of people in the U.S. currently infected with HPV
Centers for Disease Control
Can I get human papillomavirus (HPV) again?
Yes, you can get HPV again. There are more than 100 different strains (or types) of HPV, and approximately 40 of those are sexually transmitted and affect the genitals. It is possible to clear one strain and then be infected with a different one, especially if you have a new sexual partner.
- QHow is the HPV virus contracted?
- QWhat is human papillomavirus (HPV)?
- QHow common are the diseases caused by human papillomavirus (HPV) infection?
- QHow safe is the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine?
- QHow common are cancers related to human papillomavirus (HPV)?
- QHow is human papillomavirus (HPV) spread?
- QDo we need booster vaccinations for human papillomaviruses (HPV) infection?
- QHow effective are the human papillomavirus(HPV) vaccines?
- QHow many people have human papillomavirus (HPV)?
- QHow can I prevent human papillomavirus (HPV) infection?
- QWhat should I ask my doctor about human papillomavirus (HPV)?
- QIs the human papillomavirus (HPV) test necessary?
- QWhat is HPV DNA screening?
- QHow should I tell my partner I have HPV?
- QWhen should I tell my partner I have HPV?
- QWhich virus strains does the HPV vaccine protect against?
- QHow common is HPV-related cervical cancer?
- QWhy can't women over age 26 get vaccinated for HPV?
- QWhat types of cancers are associated with human papillomavirus (HPV)?
- QWhat is the treatment for genital HPV in men?
- QWhy should teenage boys get the human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccine?
- QWhat are the health risks of human papillomavirus (HPV) in men?
- QHow does Human Papilloma Virus affect humans?
- QHow are human papillomavirus (HPV)-associated cancers treated?