What should I do as a beginner who is preparing to exercise?

It is important to talk with your physician to make sure that you are cleared to exercise without any negative health impacts. A good way to start in to exercise is to start walking 10-15 minutes a day to work on your cardiovascular endurance. It is important to seek the assistance of a professional if you are trying to utilize any strength training equipment and seek out exercise classes that are targeted to beginners.

As a beginner, a simple thing to do in preparation for exercise is to get a physical examination. Exercise will place a significant demand on the body and it may take some time to adapt to the demands placed on it. Therefore, it is important to make sure that you are healthy before starting an exercise program.

Continue Learning about How to Prepare for Exercise

How should I approach summer exercising?
Jeff Croswell , NASM Elite TrainerJeff Croswell , NASM Elite Trainer
Well your approach to summer when you are working out can be very different on where you live.  If y...
What should I consider before selecting an exercise?
Debra Atkinson, MSDebra Atkinson, MS
There are several things to consider in choosing an exercise. Consider your overall goals and ob...
How should I warm up before exercising?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Warming up before you stretch reduces your risk for pulled muscles and other injuries.To Warm UpAlwa...
How Should I Hydrate My Body When Exercising?