Why should I get rid of my kitchen sponges?

The main reason is that they collect bacteria. Warm, moist environments are something that bacteria thrive on. Nothing fits that description better than a sponge. It turns out that the place most likely in the house to harbor harmful bacteria is the kitchen, and sponges are a place for them to survive.

Continue Learning about Household Safety

weird ways your home is making you sick
weird ways your home is making you sick
you vacuum your carpets , wash your dishes and clothes , and clean your windows , so you must have a clean house , right ? wrong . there are some snea...
what tips can i use to make my house fall proof ?
Leigh Vinocur, MDLeigh Vinocur, MD
Here are some precautions we can take in our homes to minimize the risk of falling: – Light swi...
what are volatile organic compounds (vocs ) ?
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), volatile organic compounds are gases that co...
how should i clean my kitchen countertops ?
You're never going to eliminate all the bacteria from your kitchen surfaces, so don't get obsessive ...