Advertisement

Why should I get rid of my kitchen sponges?

The main reason is that they collect bacteria. Warm, moist environments are something that bacteria thrive on. Nothing fits that description better than a sponge. It turns out that the place most likely in the house to harbor harmful bacteria is the kitchen, and sponges are a place for them to survive.

Continue Learning about Household Safety

weird ways your home is making you sick
weird ways your home is making you sick
you vacuum your carpets , wash your dishes and clothes , and clean your windows , so you must have a clean house , right ? wrong . there are some snea...
Read More
what tips can i use to make my house fall proof ?
Leigh Vinocur, MDLeigh Vinocur, MD
Here are some precautions we can take in our homes to minimize the risk of falling: – Light swi...
More Answers
what are volatile organic compounds (vocs ) ?
Univ. of Nev. School of Medicine, Family MedicineUniv. of Nev. School of Medicine, Family Medicine
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), volatile organic compounds are gases that co...
More Answers
how should i clean my kitchen countertops ?
Dr. Michael Roizen, MDDr. Michael Roizen, MD
You're never going to eliminate all the bacteria from your kitchen surfaces, so don't get obsessive ...
More Answers

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.