Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are found in everyday household items such as paints, paint strippers, varnishes, lacquers, wood preservatives, craft kits, glues, fuels, aerosols, cleaners, pesticides, cigarette smoke, pressed wood products, and dry-cleaned clothes. Formaldehyde, benzene, toluene, perchloroethylene (PERC), and acetone are among the many chemicals that are all considered VOCs.
- Q How do volatile organic compounds (VOCs) affect health?
- Q What are basic home safety rules?
- Q How can I keep my child safe around water in the house?
- Q What services can help my elderly loved one live safely at home?
- Q How can I safely use a humidifier?
- Q How dangerous is bacteria in my kitchen?