Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are found in everyday household items such as paints, paint strippers, varnishes, lacquers, wood preservatives, craft kits, glues, fuels, aerosols, cleaners, pesticides, cigarette smoke, pressed wood products, and dry-cleaned clothes. Formaldehyde, benzene, toluene, perchloroethylene (PERC), and acetone are among the many chemicals that are all considered VOCs.
- Q How do I keep the kitchen sponge clean?
- Q How can I protect my child from knives in the kitchen?
- Q What are signs that I could have a raccoon living in my house?
- Q How can I remove harmful tobacco chemicals from my house?
- Q How can I minimize my family’s exposure to plastic?
- Q What is a safe way to remove mildew?