Household bleach contains the chemical sodium hypochlorite and is used to whiten clothes and kill germs like mold, bacteria, and viruses. It's not good for the environment and not good for you; it evaporates quickly to irritate your nose, eyes, throat, skin, and lungs. Good non-toxic alternatives are baking soda, white vinegar, and alcohol and peroxide based products.
- Q Why should bird feeders be kept at a distance from my house?
- Q Could air pollution in my home or office make me sick?
- Q What is a safer alternative to oven cleaners?
- Q How can having reptiles in my house be dangerous?
- Q How can I prevent toxins and pollutants from getting into my home?
- Q What is a safer alternative to drain cleaners?