Household bleach contains the chemical sodium hypochlorite and is used to whiten clothes and kill germs like mold, bacteria, and viruses. It's not good for the environment and not good for you; it evaporates quickly to irritate your nose, eyes, throat, skin, and lungs. Good non-toxic alternatives are baking soda, white vinegar, and alcohol and peroxide based products.
- Q How can I reduce the use of chemicals at home?
- Q How can I safely use a humidifier?
- Q Why should bird feeders be kept at a distance from my house?
- Q Should I use rubber gloves when cleaning my home?
- Q How can I prevent falls at home?
- Q How dangerous is mold in the home?