Will mixing liquid nitrogen and water create dangerous fumes?

One urban legend claims that mixing liquid nitrogen and water can create a toxic cloud. Watch as Dr. Oz and scientist Bill Nye find the answer by experimenting with liquid nitrogen and water in this video.

Continue Learning about Household Safety

Avoid Red Tide in Your Home Aquarium
Avoid Red Tide in Your Home Aquarium
In the 1976 thriller, Marathon Man, the bad guy Szell (Laurence Olivier) is torturing Babe (Dustin Hoffman) and repeatedly asks his victim, “Is it saf...
Protect Your Kids from Hidden Hazards in the Kitchen
Danni’s mom was busy cooking dinner when she heard Danni’s cry. The toddler had found the food processor. While her parents had proactively and carefu...
Why should I have a smoke detector and carbon monoxide detector in my home?
Smoke and carbon monoxide are indoor pollutants that can cause aging and even death. These are a...
How can I make sure the air in my home is clean?
Nowadays, air within homes often contains more dangerous levels of environmental pollutants than the...