How can I treat volatile organic compound (VOC) toxicity?

The mainstay of treatment for volatile organic compound (VOC) toxicity is to remove the source of the exposure. You can increase your home's ventilation by opening windows and doors and using fans to increase air circulation.

Fumes may remain for longer periods of time if the room is very humid. Keeping the humidity in your home between 30% and 50% will help improve the indoor air quality of your home.

Continue Learning about Household Safety

5 DIY Household Cleaning Products to Detox Your Home
Your cleaning supplies are your home’s best defense against germs, dust, dirt and grease. But when it comes to your health, they might actually be mor...
Avoid Red Tide in Your Home Aquarium
Avoid Red Tide in Your Home Aquarium
In the 1976 thriller, Marathon Man, the bad guy Szell (Laurence Olivier) is torturing Babe (Dustin Hoffman) and repeatedly asks his victim, “Is it saf...
How can I prevent falls at home?
SAGESAGE
Reduce the chances of falling at home by keeping entry ways, hallways and pathways in your apartment...
What is a safer alternative to oven cleaners?
Phillip J. Landrigan, MDPhillip J. Landrigan, MD
Lye is the active ingredient in many oven cleaners. Because lye is so dangerous, it’s best to avoid ...