How can I tell if my kitchen is sanitary?

Learn how to keep a healthy kitchen in this video with Dr. Oz and Health Inspector Peter Delucia.

Judy Caplan

You can't because bacteria are invisible. You have to learn how to keep a kitchen clean to avoid possible contamination. Visit eatright.org for tips on how to keep your kitchen clean and sanitary and the proper storage of food. Knowing which foods are likely to cause contamination is paramount. Proper storage is also necessary to prevent the spread of bacteria. A few common sense tips can make all the difference in the kitchen.

Continue Learning about Household Safety

Child Safety: Head Injury From Toppling TVs
It’s summer and -- like every year -- we’re seeing the annual rise in children’s injuries and deaths. The most common causes are drowning (#1), follow...
What to Do About Bed Bugs
What to Do About Bed Bugs
Bed bugs—persistent, nighttime marauders—can cause rashes, irritated bumps that look like mosquito bites, or even hives, although not everyone reacts ...
How can having rodents in my house be dangerous?
Rodents often have no trouble entering homes since they have very flexible cartilage and can squeeze...
How can I safely use a humidifier?
Phillip J. Landrigan, MDPhillip J. Landrigan, MD
If you choose to use a humidifier, whether it’s one for a room or a furnace attachment, take these s...