How can I prevent cuts and injuries at home?

Here are some home-safety tips:
  • Keep razors and razor blades away from children.
  • Keep knives, forks, scissors, and other sharp tools in a drawer. Use a latch that kids can't open.
  • Fasten tall furniture (like a bookshelf) to the wall to prevent it from tipping over.
  • Put padding on corners or sharp edges of coffee tables or other furniture.

Continue Learning about Household Safety

Weird Ways Your Home Is Making You Sick
Weird Ways Your Home Is Making You Sick
You vacuum your carpets, wash your dishes and clothes, and clean your windows, so you must have a clean house, right? Wrong. There are some sneaky hea...
Do You Know How to Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?
Carbon monoxide (CO), is the leading cause of poison-related deaths in the United States, responsible for more than 20,000 trips to the emergency room...
What are some hidden health hazards in my home?
Hidden hazards in your home can be dangerous to your and your family's health. Learn about these...
What is a safer alternative to oven cleaners?
Phillip J. Landrigan, MDPhillip J. Landrigan, MD
Lye is the active ingredient in many oven cleaners. Because lye is so dangerous, it’s best to avoid ...