How can I prepare for hospice?

Preparing for hospice is more of a mindset or perspective than any physical change. Patients who qualify for hospice or are placed in hospice care must have a medical condition that could mean the end of their life within the next six months. This can sometimes be hard for patients and families to understand. Changing the perspective to look at the patient's goals of care, looking at maximizing time left, minimizing pain, etc. is the best preparation.

Continue Learning about Hospice Care

What Is Hospice Care?
What Is Hospice Care?
The end of life can be an emotionally and physically difficult time. Most adults say they’d prefer to die at home, pain free and surrounded by friends...
What types of assistance can a hospice program provide?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
Hospice services can help with everything from insurance and other financial matters to routine ...
Does starting hospice care mean I've given up hope?
Juliet WilkinsonJuliet Wilkinson
This is a very simple question that presents a not so simple answer. It's actually a self-reflecting...
Does hospice provide 24-hour care?
Stacie KarczmiarzStacie Karczmiarz
It can depend on which hospice... just in my area alone there are three separate and independent, in...