How can I use homeopathic medicine safely?

If you want to use homeopathic medicine safely, the first step is educating yourself as much as possible about homeopathy. Learn the best treatments, dosages, and side effects from trusted websites, which are hard to find. Beware of scammers who sell a homeopathic “cure” that isn’t more effective than innocuous snake oil.

Some good places to start include:
  • The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
  • Faculty of Homeopathy
  • Homeopathy Research Institute
The next step involves communication. Look for qualified naturopathic or homeopathic health practitioners for advice on what to take and at which doses, because taking the right dosage is just as important as taking the right extracts. Furthermore, whatever you choose to use, make sure to communicate about it with your primary care physician. The more you communicate, the easier it will be for your healthcare providers to coordinate your care.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Homeopathy

How do I find a homeopath in my area?
To find a homeopath, you can start with the North American Society of Homeopaths (NASH). NASH mainta...
Is homeopathy appropriate for treating motion sickness?
Homeopathy is often used for treating motion sickness. The most common ingredients recommended are c...
What Is Homeopathy?
What Is Homeopathy?
Do I Need a Prescription for Homeopathic Medicine?