When making rum and raisins, do I use dark or golden raisins?

The raisin and “insert favorite liquor here” cure is purported to reduce inflammation from rheumatoid arthritis. Gin is the preferred liquor. Gin contains juniper berries, which give gin its flavor. They contain terpenes which have been used in alternative medicine to treat everything from cancer to high blood pressure. Golden raisins are typically used for this home remedy. Does it work? There is no hard, scientific evidence that gin or rum-soaked golden raisins reduce the inflammation from rheumatoid arthritis. That said liquor alone might ease the pain.

Continue Learning about Home Remedies

Busy Woman's Guide: An ER Doctor's 5 Fast Home Remedies
“What whiskey will not cure, there is no cure for” goes an old proverb. Sore throat? Whiskey and honey. Arthritis acting up? Whiskey and raisins. To s...
What should I look for when choosing an herbal remedy?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
When choosing herbs, look for the ones labeled “standardized.” This means the manufacturer measu...
What are some non-food-based home remedies that work?
Some non-food-based home remedies that work include:Tickle the Roof of Your Mouth to Stop HiccupsMet...
What Are Natural Treatments for Allergies?