Experts’ Travel Secrets
Traveling to Grandma’s house—or anywhere—can throw a wrench in your normal diet and fitness routines. It also makes you more susceptible to germs (thank you, crowded planes!) and we all know there’s nothing worse than being too stuffed up to taste the spiked eggnog. Try these tips to stay healthy no matter where you’re headed.Read more
Holiday Party Survival SkillsGet the Tips
AskMDGet personalized advice for managing your holiday stress
Percentage increase in heart attacks
in winter compared to summer
Healthy Holiday Q&As
Amaris Noguera, MPH, RD, LD/N
Nutrition & Dietetics
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
How can I restore my energy during the holidays?
While external stressors play a big role in our energy levels, what we eat and drink are also closely linked! In addition to ensuring adequate rest and planning ahead to fit exercise into your day . . .
- Q How can overeating during the holidays be harmful?
- Q What can help me prevent a migraine from holiday stress?
- Q What are ways to control calories during the holidays?
- Q How can I curb my appetite during the holidays?
- Q What are some healthy alternatives to sweets during the holidays?
- Q How can I improve my sad mood during the holidays?
- Q How do I treat dry skin?
- Q How can heaters trigger winter allergies?
- Q How can I exercise in the winter?
- Q Why am I miserable after a holiday meal?
Holiday Survival Guide
The holidays can be stressful. Follow our Action Plans for a happy (and healthy!) holiday season.
Beat the Holiday Bloat Quiz! Holiday Survival Guide Shopping Safety Holiday Hangover Helpers 5 Holiday Foods for Good Moods
Healthy Holiday VideosSee more videos
5 Holiday Eating Tricks
If your waistband gets tighter with every holiday party, give yourself a traffic ticket — for speed eating. It’s tempting to blame your aunt’s famous triple-chocolate rum balls for seasonal waist gain, but one study suggests that how fast you eat may be as important as what you put on your plate . . .
Get the secrets
No-Stress Holiday Meal
Celebrity chef Rachael Ray solves your holiday cooking disasters by sharing her favorite no-fuss holiday recipe.
It’s hard enough for me to stick to a sensible eating plan on days without temptation. That makes sticking to a diet during the holidays a special trial. Thankfully, the experts at Sharecare have my back, this time with some smart holiday party don’ts . . .