What are the benefits of exercise during the holidays?

During the holidays, a brisk daily walk or bike ride may keep stress in check. As little as 30 minutes of moderate activity at least five, and preferably all, days of the week will help you stay healthy. If you want to keep your weight stable through the holidays, up your activity to 60 to 90 minutes most days of the week.
Exercise is very important for overall health and a sense of well-being. During the holidays it can be especially important as we are often tempted with unhealthy food options. Also, some individuals feel down during the holidays, and we know that regular exercise helps to fight depression. You should aim for 30 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise, such as a brisk walk, five or more days a week.

Continue Learning about Healthy Holidays

Easy Thanksgiving Quesadillas
Easy Thanksgiving Quesadillas
Looking for a new way to use up your Thanksgiving leftovers? Give 'em a Tex-Mex twist by combining turkey, cranberry sauce and cheese in a whole wheat...
How can I control my blood sugar over the holidays?
Watch what you eat! Candies, snacks, beverages and desserts add up quickly. Plan ahead if you are go...
9 Healthier Versions of Traditional Holiday Side Dishes
9 Healthier Versions of Traditional Holiday Side Dishes9 Healthier Versions of Traditional Holiday Side Dishes9 Healthier Versions of Traditional Holiday Side Dishes9 Healthier Versions of Traditional Holiday Side Dishes
The seasonal trimmings you know and love, with less fat, sodium and calories.
Why Am I Miserable After a Holiday Meal?