Why should I be careful while serving food during the holidays?

Most of us spend weeks shopping for the perfect gifts for our family and friends. The same care should be extended to the food we put on the table. Otherwise, we could end up giving them something they never wanted -- food poisoning. Of the 75 million people who are sickened by food each year, 5,000 die from it. During the holidays, when we gather around the buffets and potlucks where bacteria can have their own parties, we can increase our chances of joining those statistics without even knowing it.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Healthy Holidays

10 Ways to Sidestep Holiday Weight-Gain
10 Ways to Sidestep Holiday Weight-Gain
Want to wake up on New Year’s Day without regretting all those cookies, latkes or bubbly holiday toasts? You can, with these 10 ways to sidestep the s...
How can I manage holiday stress?
Dr. Joshua C. Klapow, PhDDr. Joshua C. Klapow, PhD
The holidays are supposed to be a time of joy and bliss, but for many people the preparations and ob...
Tips for Staying Fit During a Holiday Break
How Can I Avoid Overeating at Holiday Parties?