How can I stick to my diet at the shopping mall during the holidays?

Kristi King

Most definitely, eat before you shop! If you start shopping on an empty stomach you will find yourself drifting towards the wafting smell of the cookies, pretzels, pizza, etc.

Pack some snacks in your purse. A piece of fruit & a handful of nuts can be a great energy booster that will allow you to power through the rest of the shopping list.

Make sure you take water with you. Many times we think we are hungry and we are actually thirsty. Staying well hydrated will help to keep you full and give you energy to keep on going!

If you do find yourself in the food court, look for the places that have calorie amounts readily available to help you choose a sensible meal. Salad with dressing on the side, or a turkey sandwich filled with lots of veggies can help to fill you up, but be sure to avoid those side items such as chips, fries, cookies, etc.

Continue Learning about Healthy Holidays

Slash Holiday Money Anxiety With These Strategies
In a perfect world, the holidays would be stress-free—a joyful time spent making memories with loved ones. But when you’re strapped for cash, the seas...
What's a healthier alternative to mashed potatoes?
Scott PullenScott Pullen
The salt, butter and cream of many mashed potato recipes can really wreak havoc on your healthy eati...
Why should I be careful while serving food during the holidays?
Most of us spend weeks shopping for the perfect gifts for our family and friends. The same care shou...
How can I improve my sad mood during the holidays?
Deborah Serani, PsyDDeborah Serani, PsyD
If you are having a rough time as the holidays approach, here are some tips to keep your holiday...