How can I help a loved one deal with holiday sadness?

Depression during the holidays is common, especially in people who already have a history of depression. There are some things that can help during this time. One is to offer a lot of family support. Acknowledge that holidays can make a person feel isolated. Sometimes, a change in routine can be helpful, especially if certain events or gatherings are particularly stressful. A change of location or creating a new tradition can sometimes help to lift the spirits. Remember that exercise and time outdoors is important, so schedule some fun active outings.

Continue Learning about Healthy Holidays

What Foods Should I Avoid During the Holidays?
How to Prevent Weight Gain Over the Holidays
What Are Some Healthy Alternatives for Sweets During the Holidays?
What Is a Healthy Holiday Eggnog Recipe?