How can I make sure I get family holiday photos?

Michele Borba
Appoint each child the role of official "family holiday photographer."

You may find that the photographing role makes kids tune into the memories: "Did you get a picture of grandma?" or "Quick, take a picture of Kevin. He's so excited with his present!"

You can rotate the days (Johnny is official family photographer on Dec 24; Sally is Dec 25) or the event (Johnny photographs gift-opening; Sally is for the dinner).

My girlfriend gives each child an inexpensive disposable camera for the affair. I told my sons to use the photo feature on their cell phones.

You can also ask your tech-savvy kid to put together a fun PowerPoint of all the family photos to show the day after the holidays and review the memories.
The Big Book of Parenting Solutions: 101 Answers to Your Everyday Challenges and Wildest Worries

Today show's Michele Borba's cures for difficult childhood behaviors In this down-to-earth guide, parenting expert Michele Borba offers advice for dealing with children's difficult behavior and hot...

Continue Learning about Healthy Holidays

How to Stay Active During the Holidays
How to Stay Active During the Holidays
The holidays can be stressful—and it’s easy to overindulge in holiday treats—so regular exercise, along with your relaxation techniques, is especially...
Is it okay to break my diet over the holidays?
Parham Doctors' Hospital - HCA VirginiaParham Doctors' Hospital - HCA Virginia
During the holidays, it's okay to have small portions of your favorite holiday foods. Don't, however...
A Healthier Spin on 5 Hanukkah Classics
A Healthier Spin on 5 Hanukkah ClassicsA Healthier Spin on 5 Hanukkah ClassicsA Healthier Spin on 5 Hanukkah ClassicsA Healthier Spin on 5 Hanukkah Classics
Lighten up your Festival of Lights with these smart twists on traditional recipes. Break out the menorah—Hanukkah is here! This annual holiday is mean...
What Are Some Healthy Alternatives for Sweets During the Holidays?