Eat more Flavorlicious Flavonoids! A flavonoid is a plant polyphenol that helps maintain Body Mass Index (BMI), inhibit weight gain, boost weight loss, diminish body fat, and even improve memory! Sold? So guess what food contains this miracle nutrient?
As holiday party invitations start arriving, you can arm yourself by offering to bring a dish secretly spiked with pears. Later you can boast about the genius alterations you made, as well as keep that waistline in check!
Women who consumed high amounts of three different types of flavonoid antioxidants - flavones, flavonols, and catechins - saw the smallest increase in BMI over a period of 14 years. Pears contain two of these phytonutrients: catechins and flavonols. They're also high in filling fiber and low in calories, making them a win-win-win solution for your waistline, appetite, and social cred.
Here are some guilt-free ideas!
- Just pears - You can never go wrong.
- Pear Butter - A flavorful spread to top your morning toast.
- Roasted Pear-Butternut Soup with Crumbled Stilton - A sweet and savory winter soup.
- Pork Chops with Pear and Ginger Sauce - A tangy and spicy sauce that perks up basic chops.
- Or get creative on your own - Traditional dish + Pears = Flavorlicious Flavonoids.