What are some healthy snacks to travel with during the holidays?

Marisa Moore

The holidays can be a very busy travel season. It's still important to maintain good nutrition on the road or in the air. Consider packing a few of these snacks for the road that don’t require any refrigeration:

• Peanut butter on whole grain bread
  • Pistachios, walnuts, almonds, peanuts or other nuts
  • Roasted edamame (or soy nuts)
  • Fresh whole fruit
  • Whole grain crackers
  • Whole grain granola bars

If given an opportunity to buy snacks at the airport or at a gas station, try fresh cut fruit or low fat yogurt, milk or cheese.

Continue Learning about Healthy Holidays

5 ways to stick to your yoga practice during the holidays
“you should sit in meditation for twenty minutes every day—unless you’re too busy ; then you should sit for an hour . ” – old zen adage i can already ...
6 ways to prevent a holiday heart attack
the holidays are a time of festivities with family and friends , making merry and , for some , increased risk of a heart attack . in fact , a study pr...
how can i keep my child from overeating during the holidays ?
Marjorie Nolan CohnMarjorie Nolan Cohn
Try following these tips to help your child not overeat throughout the holiday season. Don't let ...
how can i stick to my diet at the shopping mall during the holidays ?
Kristi KingKristi King
Most definitely, eat before you shop! If you start shopping on an empty stomach you will find yours...