Why should I be extra careful about taking my medication during holidays?

Experts think one reason heart attacks rise during the holidays is that people often miss medications and skip their regular exercise with everything else that is going on.

Remember to bring your medications when you travel, don’t skip doctors’ appointments, and keep up your usual activity level (invite the family along for your daily walk). But remember that when temperatures drop, blood vessels start to restrict, raising blood pressure. So begin any outdoor activity slowly and, if you have any risk factors for heart disease, leave the snow shovelling to others.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Healthy Holidays

8 Holiday Side Dishes That Won’t Derail Your Diet
8 Holiday Side Dishes That Won’t Derail Your Diet8 Holiday Side Dishes That Won’t Derail Your Diet8 Holiday Side Dishes That Won’t Derail Your Diet8 Holiday Side Dishes That Won’t Derail Your Diet
These sides will definitely steal the show at your next holiday feast. If you’re like most people (us included!) you probably know that you’re packing...
What Is a Healthy Recipe for Holiday Cookies?
How to Prevent Weight Gain Over the Holidays
Tips for Staying Fit During a Holiday Break