How can I make sure my ice hockey helmet fits right?

When fitting a hockey helmet, two goals must be achieved: protection and comfort. The helmet needs to fit snug to prevent any shifting or improper impingement of the head. The helmet should also be sized so that the individual's chin rests against the chin strap. Once securely on, the helmet should rest roughly one finger width above the eyebrow. (This answer provided for NATA by the Saint Louis University Athletic Training Education Program.)

Continue Learning about Hockey

What is a good stretch for my inner thighs for ice hockey?
To stretch the inner thighs, or adductors, start by foam rolling the area for 30 seconds and the...
As a goalie for hockey, how do I increase my flexibility?
To improve flexibility as a goalie, use a combination of foam rolling followed by static stretch...
What can a hockey goalie do off the ice to improve agility?
Using a speed ladder and cones you can perform drills like jumping jacks and the T-drill to impr...
What protective equipment is required for field hockey?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
Field hockey athletes should wear a few different pieces of protective equipment. Shin guards, g...