If I have HIV, will I need to take drugs for the rest of my life?

Dr. Frank A. Spinelli, MD
If you have HIV, your doctor will probably put you on antiretroviral drugs, which are taken every day to manage the condition. In this video, men's health and HIV/AIDS specialist Frank Spinelli, MD, explains the typical medication regimen for HIV.

Continue Learning about HIV Treatment

How Antiretroviral Therapy Drugs Treat HIV
Commonly referred to as HIV, human immunodeficiency virus is a chronic viral infection that targets the body’s immune system, making those infected wi...
How will HIV treatment affect my mental and emotional health?
Dr. Frank A. Spinelli, MDDr. Frank A. Spinelli, MD
HIV affects people differently; it's key to get all the facts from your doctor, and it's crucial to ...
Are there alternative treatments for HIV?
There are no recommended alternative therapies for HIV, but herbal remedies can be incorporated if y...
What Are Your Hopes for Therapy and Treatment of HIV/AIDS?