What happens if I test positive for HIV?

If you test positive on a screening test, you should have another test to confirm that you are definitely positive for HIV, as there are some false positives on screening. The confirmatory test is more specific. Seek further counsel from your primary medical doctor, who can guide further workup and treatment if needed.

Continue Learning about HIV Testing & Diagnosis

Being Diagnosed With HIV
Being Diagnosed With HIV
In this video, Sean Strub, founder of POZ magazine, takes you back to 1985, a time when healthcare providers knew little about HIV. Learn how far unde...
How can I get an HIV test?
If you would like to get tested for HIV, you can ask your doctor, you can go to a public health ...
Why should I get an HIV test?
People who discover that they have HIV earlier in the course of the disease are less likely to e...
What Was It Like When You First Got Diagnosed with HIV?