What happens if I test positive for HIV?

If you test positive on a screening test, you should have another test to confirm that you are definitely positive for HIV, as there are some false positives on screening. The confirmatory test is more specific. Seek further counsel from your primary medical doctor, who can guide further workup and treatment if needed.

Continue Learning about HIV Testing & Diagnosis

Being Diagnosed With HIV
Being Diagnosed With HIV
In this video, Sean Strub, founder of POZ magazine, takes you back to 1985, a time when healthcare providers knew little about HIV. Learn how far unde...
Why is early detection of HIV infrequent in LGBT older adults?
SAGESAGE
Because many healthcare providers assume older adults don’t require testing and because many lesbian...
How can I get an HIV test?
If you would like to get tested for HIV, you can ask your doctor, you can go to a public health ...
What Was It Like When You First Got Diagnosed with HIV?