Why take PrEP?

The purpose of PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis) is to help you avoid becoming infected with HIV. Since there are 50,000 new HIV infections each year in the United States and no cure or vaccine is available, prevention is key. When taken every day as directed, PrEP can provide a high level of protection against HIV. It is even more effective when it is combined with condoms and other prevention tools.

Continue Learning about HIV and AIDS

Breaking the Stigma: 13 Essential Facts About HIV/AIDS
In 1981, a group of researchers and scientists published a report in the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Morbidity and Mortality Wee...
How can I reduce my risk for HIV and AIDS?
You can reduce your risk of infection or transmitting the virus to others by using protection during...
What can the government do to prevent the spread of HIV?
To prevent the spread of HIV, the U.S. government can develop guidelines for healthcare providers on...
What Are Your Hopes for Therapy and Treatment of HIV/AIDS?