What is World AIDS Day?

World AIDS Day is held on December 1st every year, and it is a chance to fight for a cure, support those living with the disease and remember those who have lost their life to AIDS. The first World AIDS Day was held in 1988 and was the first ever global health day. For individuals without HIV/AIDS, this is a day to educate yourself, show your support by wearing a red ribbon and donating to the National AIDS Trust to help those living with the disease.

Continue Learning about HIV and AIDS

Breaking the Stigma: 13 Essential Facts About HIV/AIDS
In 1981, a group of researchers and scientists published a report in the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Morbidity and Mortality Wee...
How do I care for someone with HIV?
Caring for someone with HIV/AIDS involves protecting the person you're caring for and protecting...
What questions should I ask my doctor if I am HIV-positive or have AIDS?
If you are human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) positive or living with acquired immunodeficiency synd...
A Look at What’s Next in New HIV Treatments