Is acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) an epidemic?

Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) is better described as a pandemic rather than an epidemic. This means it is an epidemic that is occurring worldwide rather than in one area or population.

Continue Learning about HIV and AIDS

What is World AIDS Day?
World AIDS Day is held on December 1st every year, and it is a chance to fight for a cure, support t...
How common is acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) in women?
It's a shocking fact that in nine major American cities, acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AID...
What questions should I ask my doctor if I am HIV-positive or have AIDS?
If you are human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) positive or living with acquired immunodeficiency synd...
Who Should Be Tested for HIV and How Often?