What should I know before I take mipomersen?

Donna Hill Howes, RN

If you are 65 or older, mipomersen may not be a good option for you.

If you have severe kidney function impairment, mipomersen can lead to side effects and should be avoided.

If you have moderate to severe liver function impairment, you should not take mipomersen.

If you take mipomersen, you should limit alcohol to no more than 1 drink per day.

If you are pregnant, may be pregnant, or are planning to become pregnant, mipomersen may not be a good option for you. It is not known if it is safe for pregnant women.

If you are breastfeeding, you should not take mipomersen.

This answer was adapted from Sharecare's award-winning AskMD app. Start a consultation now to find out what's causing your symptoms, learn how to manage a condition, or find a doctor.

Continue Learning about High Cholesterol

try low-carb noodles for healthy cholesterol
if you dream of eating pasta without the belly-padding , carbo-loading guilt , then check out shirataki noodles . because of the plant from which they...
what can i do to reduce my cholesterol ?
MediGuardMediGuard
Make sure you are watching your diet, even small changes can make a big difference. Eating oatmeal f...
Who at risk for high cholesterol ?
Your risk for high cholesterol is increased by factors like diet, weight, exercise, age, and heredit...
what should i know before taking statins ?
Before taking statins, you should know that statins are medications that are meant to help lower you...