What do I need to know about caring for someone with high cholesterol?

If you are caring for someone with high cholesterol, make sure that they receive the support and medical attention that they need. Be sure that they always take their medication as indicated by their doctor. Limit their diet to good fats, healthy grains, lean meats, fish, and produce. Try to exercise with them in order to encourage them in healthy living. Also, watch for signs of high cholesterol complications like a heart attack. Know what to do in this situation and call for medical help immediately.

Continue Learning about High Cholesterol

For Cholesterol Control, Try Healthy Hummus
There's a certain bean that may have cholesterol-lowering powers. Where can you get it? Try a creamy side of hummus. Research shows that chickpeas, t...
What cholesterol level is dangerous to health?
Eric OlsenEric Olsen
High blood or serum cholesterol levels (above about 200 mg/deciliter) are believed to increase the r...
Should I focus on raising HDL cholesterol or lowering LDL cholesterol?
Curtis G. Mann, MDCurtis G. Mann, MD
Ideally, a patient would like to focus on both raising HDL and lowering LDL. Watch this video to lea...
What's the Best Exercise to Lower Cholesterol?