High cholesterol is very serious because it contributes to the blockage of your arteries. This blockage can lead to heart disease. Heart disease, in turn, is the number one killer in the United States with about half a million people dying from it each year.
- Q What is Praluent (alirocumab)?
- Q Should I focus on raising HDL cholesterol or lowering LDL cholesterol?
- Q What are the main categories of high cholesterol?
- Q Does high cholesterol affect children differently than adults?
- Q What should I ask my doctor about my lipid levels?
- Q How does Praluent (alirocumab) work to lower cholesterol?