High cholesterol is very serious because it contributes to the blockage of your arteries. This blockage can lead to heart disease. Heart disease, in turn, is the number one killer in the United States with about half a million people dying from it each year.
- Q How is HDL related to high cholesterol?
- Q What is hypertriglyceridemia?
- Q Is an increase in my HDL level always good?
- Q What is the role of inflammation in high cholesterol?
- Q How is LDL related to high cholesterol?
- Q How high should my total cholesterol be?