High cholesterol is very serious because it contributes to the blockage of your arteries. This blockage can lead to heart disease. Heart disease, in turn, is the number one killer in the United States with about half a million people dying from it each year.
- Q What cholesterol level is dangerous to health?
- Q What are the main categories of high cholesterol?
- Q What is hyperlipidemia?
- Q What is the role of inflammation in high cholesterol?
- Q How is HDL related to high cholesterol?
- Q What is Praluent (alirocumab)?