High cholesterol is very serious because it contributes to the blockage of your arteries. This blockage can lead to heart disease. Heart disease, in turn, is the number one killer in the United States with about half a million people dying from it each year.
- Q What is hypertriglyceridemia?
- Q Is an increase in my HDL level always good?
- Q How does Praluent (alirocumab) work to lower cholesterol?
- Q What are the health risks of having high cholesterol?
- Q Does high cholesterol affect women differently than men?
- Q How common is high cholesterol in women?