High cholesterol is very serious because it contributes to the blockage of your arteries. This blockage can lead to heart disease. Heart disease, in turn, is the number one killer in the United States with about half a million people dying from it each year.
- Q What are the main categories of high cholesterol?
- Q How high should my total cholesterol be?
- Q How do I know if I need treatment for high cholesterol?
- Q What are the benefits of lowering cholesterol?
- Q Is high cholesterol life threatening?
- Q What is Praluent (alirocumab)?