High cholesterol is very serious because it contributes to the blockage of your arteries. This blockage can lead to heart disease. Heart disease, in turn, is the number one killer in the United States with about half a million people dying from it each year.
- Q What is Praluent (alirocumab)?
- Q How common is high cholesterol in women?
- Q How is HDL related to high cholesterol?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with high cholesterol?
- Q How does Praluent (alirocumab) work to lower cholesterol?
- Q What are the main categories of high cholesterol?