High cholesterol is very serious because it contributes to the blockage of your arteries. This blockage can lead to heart disease. Heart disease, in turn, is the number one killer in the United States with about half a million people dying from it each year.
- Q What should I do if I miss a dose of Praluent (alirocumab)?
- Q What are the health risks of having high cholesterol?
- Q What are the side effects of Praluent (alirocumab)?
- Q What is high cholesterol?
- Q How does Praluent (alirocumab) work to lower cholesterol?
- Q How common is high cholesterol?