High cholesterol is very serious because it contributes to the blockage of your arteries. This blockage can lead to heart disease. Heart disease, in turn, is the number one killer in the United States with about half a million people dying from it each year.
- Q How do I communicate with my doctor about high cholesterol?
- Q How do I know if I need treatment for high cholesterol?
- Q What should I ask my doctor about my lipid levels?
- Q What is hyperlipidemia?
- Q What are the benefits of lowering cholesterol?
- Q What are the health risks of having high cholesterol?