High cholesterol is very serious because it contributes to the blockage of your arteries. This blockage can lead to heart disease. Heart disease, in turn, is the number one killer in the United States with about half a million people dying from it each year.
- Q What are the benefits of lowering cholesterol?
- Q What is hyperlipidemia?
- Q What are the health risks of having high cholesterol?
- Q What cholesterol level is dangerous to health?
- Q How does Praluent (alirocumab) work to lower cholesterol?
- Q How high should my total cholesterol be?