High cholesterol is very serious because it contributes to the blockage of your arteries. This blockage can lead to heart disease. Heart disease, in turn, is the number one killer in the United States with about half a million people dying from it each year.
- Q What are some dangers of high cholesterol in children?
- Q How common is high cholesterol in women?
- Q Is high cholesterol life threatening?
- Q What are the main categories of high cholesterol?
- Q How do I know if I need treatment for high cholesterol?
- Q What should I ask my doctor about my lipid levels?