High cholesterol is very serious because it contributes to the blockage of your arteries. This blockage can lead to heart disease. Heart disease, in turn, is the number one killer in the United States with about half a million people dying from it each year.
- Q What is the role of inflammation in high cholesterol?
- Q Should I focus on raising HDL cholesterol or lowering LDL cholesterol?
- Q What should I do if I miss a dose of Praluent (alirocumab)?
- Q What is hypercholesterolemia?
- Q Who should take Praluent (alirocumab)?
- Q How does Praluent (alirocumab) work to lower cholesterol?