High cholesterol is very serious because it contributes to the blockage of your arteries. This blockage can lead to heart disease. Heart disease, in turn, is the number one killer in the United States with about half a million people dying from it each year.
- Q Does high cholesterol affect women differently than men?
- Q How common is high cholesterol in women?
- Q What is hypertriglyceridemia?
- Q How is LDL related to high cholesterol?
- Q Does high cholesterol affect children differently than adults?
- Q Who should take Praluent (alirocumab)?