Why is hypertension more dangerous for women?

Hypertension is more dangerous for women because their cardiovascular systems have some physiological differences that involve levels and types of hormones involved in regulating their blood pressure. These differences lead to an increase in vascular disease.

Continue Learning about Hypertension

Easy Ways to Keep Your Children Heart-Healthy
When your Dad’s a pro athlete, there’s a lot of pressure on you as a kid to measure up. These kids sure did: Brett Hull was an eight-time All-Star in ...
Are spikes in my blood pressure concerning?
MediGuardMediGuard
The spikes in your blood pressure are very concerning and potentially dangerous and you should follo...
America's Top 10 Cities with the Highest Blood Pressure
America's Top 10 Cities with the Highest Blood PressureAmerica's Top 10 Cities with the Highest Blood PressureAmerica's Top 10 Cities with the Highest Blood PressureAmerica's Top 10 Cities with the Highest Blood Pressure
Find out where residents struggle with hypertension
What's the First Thing I Should Do to Treat My Hypertension?