Stage 2 hypertension is the most serious form of hypertension. People with this level of hypertension have a blood pressure measurement of 160/100 mm Hg or higher. People in this category will likely be prescribed medication as well as strongly encouraged to make lifestyle changes. The higher the numbers, the more urgent it is that you start treatment immediately.
- Q What tests will I need if I have high blood pressure?
- Q What are the types of chronic hypertension?
- Q How common is treatment-resistant hypertension?
- Q What numbers are considered high blood pressure?
- Q How often should I check my blood pressure if I have hypertension?
- Q Does white-coat hypertension need to be treated?