Stage 2 hypertension is the most serious form of hypertension. People with this level of hypertension have a blood pressure measurement of 160/100 mm Hg or higher. People in this category will likely be prescribed medication as well as strongly encouraged to make lifestyle changes. The higher the numbers, the more urgent it is that you start treatment immediately.
- Q What is chronic hypertension?
- Q What should I ask my doctor if I have high blood pressure?
- Q Why do fruits and vegetables help lower blood pressure?
- Q What are the types of chronic hypertension?
- Q Are over-the-counter medications safe if I have high blood pressure?
- Q What is secondary high blood pressure?