Stage 2 hypertension is the most serious form of hypertension. People with this level of hypertension have a blood pressure measurement of 160/100 mm Hg or higher. People in this category will likely be prescribed medication as well as strongly encouraged to make lifestyle changes. The higher the numbers, the more urgent it is that you start treatment immediately.
- Q Can I donate blood if I have high blood pressure?
- Q What are ways to control high blood pressure?
- Q When should I call my doctor if I have chronic hypertension?
- Q Can I lower my blood pressure by reducing my salt intake?
- Q What high sodium foods should I eliminate?
- Q What is secondary high blood pressure?