Stage 2 hypertension is the most serious form of hypertension. People with this level of hypertension have a blood pressure measurement of 160/100 mm Hg or higher. People in this category will likely be prescribed medication as well as strongly encouraged to make lifestyle changes. The higher the numbers, the more urgent it is that you start treatment immediately.
- Q What is secondary high blood pressure?
- Q What is the rate of incidence of hypertension?
- Q What are ways to control high blood pressure?
- Q What is malignant high blood pressure?
- Q What can women do about high blood pressure?
- Q Into what categories can high blood pressure (BP) be divided?