Stage 2 hypertension is the most serious form of hypertension. People with this level of hypertension have a blood pressure measurement of 160/100 mm Hg or higher. People in this category will likely be prescribed medication as well as strongly encouraged to make lifestyle changes. The higher the numbers, the more urgent it is that you start treatment immediately.
- Q What tests will I need if I have high blood pressure?
- Q Why is hypertension more dangerous for women?
- Q What is primary high blood pressure?
- Q How do other illnesses affect hypertension?
- Q How common is high blood pressure?
- Q Are over-the-counter medications safe if I have high blood pressure?