Stage 2 hypertension is the most serious form of hypertension. People with this level of hypertension have a blood pressure measurement of 160/100 mm Hg or higher. People in this category will likely be prescribed medication as well as strongly encouraged to make lifestyle changes. The higher the numbers, the more urgent it is that you start treatment immediately.
- Q What is high blood pressure?
- Q What is prehypertension?
- Q How is chronic hypertension like pregnancy-induced hypertension?
- Q Can people with hypertension hold their breath for long?
- Q What is portal hypertension?
- Q How costly is high blood pressure (hypertension)?