Stage 2 hypertension is the most serious form of hypertension. People with this level of hypertension have a blood pressure measurement of 160/100 mm Hg or higher. People in this category will likely be prescribed medication as well as strongly encouraged to make lifestyle changes. The higher the numbers, the more urgent it is that you start treatment immediately.
- Q Can I donate blood if I have high blood pressure?
- Q What is portal hypertension?
- Q What are ways to control high blood pressure?
- Q What is chronic hypertension?
- Q What does it mean if my blood pressure reading is high?
- Q What are the stages of chronic hypertension for adults?