Stage 2 hypertension is the most serious form of hypertension. People with this level of hypertension have a blood pressure measurement of 160/100 mm Hg or higher. People in this category will likely be prescribed medication as well as strongly encouraged to make lifestyle changes. The higher the numbers, the more urgent it is that you start treatment immediately.
- Q What is isolated systolic hypertension?
- Q What is prehypertension?
- Q Are over-the-counter medications safe if I have high blood pressure?
- Q How costly is high blood pressure (hypertension)?
- Q Why do fruits and vegetables help lower blood pressure?
- Q What is pseudohypertension?