What exercises can I do if I have high blood pressure?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing
Any kind of exercise you enjoy is the best exercise to engage in to combat hypertension. Walking, swimming, or biking are good ways to start. The key is to do it regularly, at least 30 minutes most days. You don't have to do it all in one shot, either -- breaking the 30 minutes up into shorter bursts is still beneficial. Finding a workout partner can help keep you motivated. Always consult with your doctor before starting a new exercise program.

Continue Learning about Hypertension

Finally, a Solution to Treatment-Resistant High Blood Pressure
Sam Cohn, the legendary talent agent and co-founder of ICM, was one of the infamous “10 percenters” who transformed Hollywood into a star-making machi...
Do direct vasodilators have any side effects?
Direct vasodilators can cause extremely low blood pressure. This can result in dizziness, light-head...
What are the stages of chronic hypertension for adults?
Here are the stages of chronic hypertension: In stage 1 hypertension, your blood pressure measureme...
What is white coat hypertension?
Some people are told they have white coat hypertension. This means that the person’s blood pressure ...