Are spikes in my blood pressure concerning?

The spikes in your blood pressure are very concerning and potentially dangerous and you should follow up with your doctor as soon as possible. If you are using a home use blood pressure cuff, it may not be working accurately. You may also want to take your device along to your appointments to validate its accuracy.  With that said, it is very important that you seek immediate attention for those large spikes in blood pressure. You should contact your physician immediately. If you are unable to get in touch with your doctor and you are feeling unexplained symptoms of sweating, agitation, tremors, headache, heart palpitations, dizziness, or other symptoms that are abnormal for you, please go to an urgent care clinic or the emergency room. Do not delay getting assessed by a doctor.

Continue Learning about Hypertension

How to Get the Right Blood Pressure Reading
Most people will have high blood pressure at some point in their lives. In fact, it's estimated that among people who have normal blood pressure at ag...
How can I not stress about my hypertension?
Most people who receive the news that they have high blood pressure and need treatment experience fe...
12 Blood Pressure-Friendly Foods
12 Blood Pressure-Friendly Foods12 Blood Pressure-Friendly Foods12 Blood Pressure-Friendly Foods12 Blood Pressure-Friendly Foods
Looking for delicious foods to help beat back hypertension? Add these to your grocery list.
What is the DASH Diet?
What is the DASH Diet?