How can I tell my healthcare provider about my hypertension?

Tell your healthcare provider about your hypertension by telling him if you have any signs or symptoms such as blurred vision. Tell him if you have other diseases or medical conditions. Your healthcare provider needs to know if you have a family history of heart disease, kidney disease or diabetes. Tell him about all the medicines that you use, including herbs, supplements and over-the-counter (OTC) medicines. Your healthcare provider needs to know if you smoke cigarettes, drink alcohol or use street drugs. Tell your healthcare provider about your diet, work conditions, activities and about things that cause stress in your life.

Your healthcare provider may ask you to check your blood pressure between appointments. Tell your healthcare provider how high your BP readings are and how long you have been getting those readings. Ask your healthcare provider for more information about how to take your blood pressure.

Continue Learning about Hypertension

how common is high blood pressure ?
SecondsCount.orgSecondsCount.org
According to the American Heart Association, more than 76 million people in the United States were l...
what are the stages of chronic hypertension for adults ?
Here are the stages of chronic hypertension: In stage 1 hypertension, your blood pressure measureme...
what is pulmonary arterial hypertension ( pah ) ?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) can be broken down like this: pulmonary means related to the l...
what is primary high blood pressure ?
Aggie Read, RNAggie Read, RN
Primary hypertension is a type of high blood pressure (generally considered to be >120/80) that is n...