How can I care for someone with secondary high blood pressure?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Most people with secondary high blood pressure will be able to care of themselves. However, if you are responsible for someone with secondary high blood pressure it's important to make sure they follow the treatment plan laid out by their doctor and you'll need to schedule appointments for check ups as well. It is also your responsibility to understand what is causing your loved one's high blood pressure and help them make arrangements to have the problem corrected. In between doctor visits make sure they stay active and eat a healthy diet. Also do your best to keep stress levels low. A relaxed and comfortable home environment is important.

Continue Learning about Hypertension

High Blood Pressure at the Doctor’s Office May Be Riskier Than You Think
Blood pressure that’s usually normal but becomes elevated in the doctor’s office is a possible warning sign of heart trouble that shouldn’t be ignored...
How long should I exercise daily to lower my blood pressure?
Emilia KlappEmilia Klapp
Research from the University of Connecticut recommends 30 minutes or more of continuous or accumulat...
What should I do if I have high blood pressure?
Carolinas HealthCare SystemCarolinas HealthCare System
If you have high blood pressure (hypertension), you should: See your physician Cut down on salt ...
How does hypertension affect sexual function?
Hypertension can cause erectile dysfunction (ED), as can the medications commonly used to treat high...