How can I care for someone with primary high blood pressure?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Most people with primary high blood pressure will be able to care for themselves. However, if you are responsible for someone with primary high blood pressure it's important to make sure they follow the treatment plan laid out by their doctor and you'll need to schedule appointments for check ups as well. In between doctor visits make sure your loved one is staying active and eating a healthy diet. Also do your best to keep stress levels low. A relaxed and comfortable home environment is important.

Continue Learning about Hypertension

Blood Pressure: Aim Lower
Blood Pressure: Aim Lower
How low are your blood pressure numbers? If you don't have a clue, or if they're not where your doctor would like them to be, it's time to start payin...
Have High Blood Pressure? Don’t Eat This
If you have high blood pressure, you’re likely aware that the foods you eat (or don’t eat) can affect your blood pressure—but you may not know just ho...
What exercises can I do if I have high blood pressure?
Any kind of exercise you enjoy is the best exercise to engage in to combat hypertension. Walking, sw...
How can I not stress about my hypertension?
Most people who receive the news that they have high blood pressure and need treatment experience fe...