Why is more than one medication necessary to treat high blood pressure?

If you have high blood pressure, you may need to take more than one medication. Different medications work in different ways to control blood pressure. One medication may help a little, but you may need another medication to make it work more effectively. It is not uncommon to need several medications that work together to lower your blood pressure.

Continue Learning about High Blood Pressure Treatment

Treat Your High Blood Pressure, Boost Your Heart
When confronting a health problem, sometimes medications or other treatment strategies work wonders—and sometimes the results are less dramatic. One t...
What can integrative medicine do for high blood pressure?
Raphael d' AngeloRaphael d' Angelo
Elevated blood pressure is a symptom. The real question is why is it elevated for you? Here are some...
How can I treat my high blood pressure without taking a drug?
The best way to treat high blood pressure without taking a drug is through diet, exercise and weight...
Can Treatment for Erectile Dysfunction Depend on Other Conditions?