Why should I tell my doctor about side effects from blood pressure drugs?

Your doctor can't know that a drug is causing a side effect unless you tell him or her. Therapy to normalize blood pressure provides a perfect example. Approximately 50 percent of patients who stop taking blood pressure medication do so without telling their physicians. The treatment is tricky. Because individuals react differently to different doses and combinations of medications, very often the dose and drug combinations need to be adjusted to find just the right drugs that work and don't produce bothersome side effects. However, by working with their doctor, most patients can find the right dosage and right combination that work for them.

Continue Learning about High Blood Pressure Treatment