How much low-fat yogurt should I eat to lower my blood pressure?

In a recent study, a diet that was rich in low-fat dairy seemed to help curb the risk of high blood pressure by as much as 31%. And don't stop at breakfast. You'll want a little low-fat dairy at every meal. In the study, the maximum blood pressure protection was achieved with 4 1/2 servings of low-fat dairy per day.

Continue Learning about High Blood Pressure Treatment

Treat Your High Blood Pressure, Boost Your Heart
When confronting a health problem, sometimes medications or other treatment strategies work wonders—and sometimes the results are less dramatic. One t...
What are the different types of blood pressure medication?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
The following are medications used to treat high blood pressure: Thiazide diuretics: chlorothiaz...
Do minerals help lower blood pressure?
Lona SandonLona Sandon
Potassium is one mineral that has been shown to help control blood pressure and keep it within norma...
What's a Natural Remedy for High Blood Pressure?