Should I see a doctor about secondary high blood pressure?

Secondary high blood pressure doesn't usually cause any symptoms but it can develop quickly as the result of an underlying condition. Typically, it isn't necessary to make a doctor's appointment just to have your blood pressure checked but it should be a part of any regular check ups you have. It's a good idea to get a physical at least once a year, if not more, and if you do start to experience symptoms of severe high blood pressure like vomiting, nausea and headaches don't hesitate to contact your doctor. They will take a reading of your blood pressure and if it seems out of the ordinary they may run a few tests to try and determine the cause. It may take several appointments in order to make an accurate diagnosis.

Continue Learning about High Blood Pressure Symptoms

How do I know if I have high blood pressure?
Get it measured, frequently. Hypertension or high blood pressure is the pressure in your arteries th...
What are the symptoms of secondary high blood pressure?
Typically, secondary high blood pressure doesn't have any symptoms. However, if left untreated it ca...
Lower Blood Pressure With Hawthorn Extract
How Much Do You Blame American Culture for Our Childhood Obesity Epidemic?