You should avoid foods high in salt and sodium which are usually processed foods. That means foods that come in boxes, cans, and frozen unless they say low sodium or salt free. You should also avoid foods that naturally contain lots of sodium like processed meats (ham, bologna, salami, and other cured meats), olives, anchovies, tuna fish, bread, and cheese.
- Q How can strawberries help prevent high blood pressure?
- Q As an older adult, how can I help prevent high blood pressure?
- Q Are there general recommendations for diet to reduce high blood pressure?
- Q What can I do to lower my risk for high blood pressure?
- Q Besides diet restriction, what are other ways to lower BP?
- Q What should I avoid doing if I have high blood pressure (hypertension)?