You should avoid foods high in salt and sodium which are usually processed foods. That means foods that come in boxes, cans, and frozen unless they say low sodium or salt free. You should also avoid foods that naturally contain lots of sodium like processed meats (ham, bologna, salami, and other cured meats), olives, anchovies, tuna fish, bread, and cheese.
- Q What should I avoid doing if I have high blood pressure (hypertension)?
- Q Can high blood pressure be prevented?
- Q How can strawberries help prevent high blood pressure?
- Q What can I do to lower my risk for high blood pressure?
- Q Can pulmonary hypertension be prevented?
- Q How do I make a diet plan to help prevent high blood pressure?