You should avoid foods high in salt and sodium which are usually processed foods. That means foods that come in boxes, cans, and frozen unless they say low sodium or salt free. You should also avoid foods that naturally contain lots of sodium like processed meats (ham, bologna, salami, and other cured meats), olives, anchovies, tuna fish, bread, and cheese.
- Q Why should I check my blood pressure regularly?
- Q Are there general recommendations for diet to reduce high blood pressure?
- Q How can strawberries help prevent high blood pressure?
- Q How can I exercise safely if I have high blood pressure?
- Q Besides diet restriction, what are other ways to lower BP?
- Q Why should I eat less salt if I have normal blood pressure?