Can pulmonary hypertension be prevented?

Although pulmonary hypertension is hereditary for some people, lifestyle changes such as eating right, daily exercise, and steering clear of smoking may be helpful in preventing you from developing pulmonary hypertension. Avoiding stress and birth control pills may also help to keep the disease from developing. It is also important to stay away from actions such as climbing or living in altitudes above 8,000 feet.

Continue Learning about High Blood Pressure Prevention

3 Nutrients That Help Prevent High Blood Pressure
The time-worn axiom “good things come in threes” was said by ancient Romans (omne trium perfectum) and has been advocated by as distinguished a mind a...
Why should I eat less salt if I have normal blood pressure?
Eating too much salt is bad for the body, in particular the heart, aorta and kidneys, regardless of ...
What foods should I not eat if I have high blood pressure?
Healthy HumansHealthy Humans
Foods high in saturated or trans fats, salt, sugar, and processed carbohydrates are best avoided for...
Lower Blood Pressure With Whole Grains
Lower Blood Pressure With Whole Grains