Can I infect my partner with herpes if I don't have symptoms?

A person may transmit genital herpes in the absence of visible symptoms, via a process known as shedding. Unfortunately, those with herpes have no way of knowing when they are shedding, which is about 3 percent of the time -- the equivalent of roughly 11 days a year.

Continue Learning about Herpes Simplex (HSV)

What is herpes simplex?
Good In BedGood In Bed
Herpes is a viral sexually transmitted infection (STI), which means it’s caused by a virus rather t...
Are all herpes viruses the same viral skin infection?
Just as there are different kinds of cold viruses, there are different kinds of herpes viruses. Thes...
What is the link between Alzheimer's disease and the herpes virus?
MediGuardMediGuard
Some studies are suggesting a link between Alzheimer's disease and the herpes virus that causes cold...
What is the difference between oral and genital herpes?
Oral herpes causes sores and blisters on the lips and gums and in the mouth -- typically referred to...