Irreducible hernias are treated with surgery to push the intestine back through the opening in the abdomen wall and close the opening to prevent future hernias. The two types of surgeries used to treat hernias are herniorrhaphy and laparoscopy. An irreducible hernia needs to be treated immediately to prevent serious health complications including loss of blood to the hernia and death of that part of the intestine (gangrene).
- Q How do I manage my irreducible hernia on a daily basis?
- Q Is there a cure for an uncomplicated hernia?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my irreducible hernia symptoms?
- Q What is an irreducible hernia?
- Q Is there a cure for an irreducible hernia?
- Q What causes an irreducible hernia?